Friday, April 16, 2010

money money money

first things first.

budget.

or is it venue?

well J and I are attempting to go with budget.

Do you have any idea of what the average michigan wedding costs today? uhh... is it just me, or does that seem like A LOT?

We have a budget, (I'm not going to mention the number) but who really knows where we'll end up... I'm a planner, and I've been saving budget friendly wedding ideas for quite a while now. I know some of the things you need to do to get the cost of a wedding down like, planning your wedding off season, entertaining the idea of ANY day of the week besides saturday, or have a lunch or cocktail reception.

I'm not so sure any of those are going to work for us... but I'm not counting ANYTHING out just yet.

I'm starting by contacting venues and making spreadsheets. Since I don't have excel, this is where google docs comes in. Planning ahead is definitely going to save us a lot of money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment